Candle Making

I made a couple of candles today!  I used a kit and I have my doubts about whether or not I did it right.  Time will tell as the tall candle is presently curing.  The extra went into a mason jar.  

The ArtMind kit includes a pillar mould, some paraffin wax, some wax colourant, a block of vanilla fragrance, a wick, a mould sealer and a couple of dowels.  It supposedly makes 2 pillars but I added a small block of beeswax and I made a single pillar and a small 125ml jar.  There’s no way I could have made 2 pillars out of that set. 

Still, now I just hope I can pop the pillar out of the mould.  According to the instructions, it should pop right out, time will tell!

Back to Top